View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 12:19 PM   #84
Ozymango
Ozymango can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueOzymango can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueOzymango can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueOzymango can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueOzymango can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueOzymango can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueOzymango can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueOzymango can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueOzymango can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueOzymango can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueOzymango can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Nook HD+, HD (Cyanogenmod, LineageOS), Simple Touch (rooted), various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
Bad hyphenations drives me mad though... "Bad" means not to standards suitable for Swedish language. When reading Swedish language books on English orientated devices hyphenation can be horrible! But that's completey OT... Just had to vent. I'm fine now...
Hi;

I don't think that's off-topic at all -- I never even thought about how hyphenation might be better/worse depending on your reading language. Thanks for awakening me to that!

I read most of my ebooks using "fbreader" software, which works on both my rooted Nook (running Android) and my Nokia 770, and it features very good hyphenation for English language books, so I never think about hyphenation as an issue. But I've read printed publications (mostly newspapers and magazines) where somebody split a word badly when using hyphenation and yeah it grabs my eye and just stops the flow.

Interesting points!
Ozymango is offline   Reply With Quote