View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 02:00 PM   #49
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojofo View Post
Consequently I would prefer to have the best version of the firmware and that means choosing to leave the FNAC firmware (unless the FNAC were to decide to change its position on this, of course!).

I hope it would be possible to provide a simple patch that allows the owner of the Kobo to choose his affiliation.

I do not care if the FNAC loses some rewards because I change my affiliation. I owe the FNAC nothing.

Thanks in advance for the future patch, if it is possible!
  1. As has been mentioned several times, there is no FNAC firmware. The 4.25.15875 firmware for a mark7 device is the same for any affiliate.
  2. Following @davidfor's post, the line to add to the .kobo/Kobo/Kobo ereader.conf file that will prevent the affiliate from changing for 10 years or so is available. Simply add "LastAffiliateSyncTime=@Variant(\0\0\0\x10\0%\x94h \x3!>i\x2)" to that file under the [ApplicatonPreferences] heading.
  3. From what I read into @geek1011's post is that his suggested patch would block the affiliate selection from changing the lock screen settings.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote