View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #11
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
You might want to check out some of the free homeschool programs out there like Ambleside Online and An Old-Fashioned Education. They have books grouped by grade level and subject. Most of the books (especially at the latter site) are free and in the public domain, but some are available for on-line viewing only (OFE likes the Baldwin Project stuff, which are great books, but alas, HTML web pages).

I myself am working on a more secular-based and 100% downloadable program as a project for an education course I am taking (I am a teacher). It is not finished yet, but when it is, it will be just what you are looking for. All the books will be downloadable, and they'll be organized within each grade level in progressive lists that go from easy to hard. I am stuffing the 'curriculum' with as much *good* stuff as I can find. I figure it's better to offer more stuff so that it's adaptable for any age group, ability level or situation. I was specifically thinking, too, not just of homeschoolers but of people in your type of situation. I have a friend who worked on a first nations reserve for a year which was fly-in only, and she has told me stories about teaching with very few resources!

PM me and I can send you the URL. It is not finished yet, but I am making steady progress on it. In the meanwhile, check out Ambleside and OFE.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote