View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 04:02 PM   #2
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWallack View Post
For reasons not worth going into, I've decided to essentially wipe my Marvin installation clean and start over. I'll be using the OPDS (ODPS? OSDP? whatever...) method to move my books from Calibre to Marvin. However, I have a looooooooot of books. So, I can spend time individually clicking on the books that show up when Marvin connects to Calibre (I'm connecting and using a search to find the books I want) but that is a lot of clicks. So, my question is whether there is a way to tell Marvin to automatically download all of the books that are returned by the search query.
You must be talking about Open Publication Distribution System (OPDS). Marvin 3 offers the multi-download mode where you can download multiple books in a batch, but you have to tap/click each book one by one. In your case, you still have to tap a looooooooot. Moreover, its batch download is blocking, which means that you can't do anything else, while waiting for it to keep downloading for many many minutes for your loooooots of books.

This reminds me that MapleRead's smart batch download has no such problems of Marvin 3 as described above.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote