View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 11:07 PM   #123
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
Hi there, I'm new to the forum and have to admit I didnt read the entire thread, but I do have a small question. But first let me thank you for this amazingly helpful extension!

I have found 0.3.7 exports the Paragraph/heading structure nicely. However I have a lot of trouble as Umlaute (ä, ü, ö and such) are not exported correctly from OpenOffice. Saving directly to PDF or HTML from OO works.
Opening a xhtml page from the epub gives a "XML Parsing Error: not well-formed" for a Umlaut.

I have tried changing the character encoding for export in OO but it didn't change the result.

I have also used the Writer2Latex Extension which also features ePub, however that extension can not properly export the ToC from the paragraphs.

Also, somehow I can't unzip the epub file created by Writer2Latex, so merging your proper writer2epub toc with the properly exported Writer2Latex xhtml does not work.
Hola, Cid!

I also have writer2latex installed (it comes by default on the linux distro I use) but I had / have no idea how to use it to export to epub. I really don't think that "writer2latex" and "writer2epub" were intended to work together. But I could easily be wrong about that. If I'm missing something, please enlighten me.

And BTW, for me the same applies to "writer2xhtml", another very useful plugin for OOo, though not nearly as direct a path to an epub as is "writer2epub".