View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 09:46 AM   #13
mesblau
mesblau will become famous soon enoughmesblau will become famous soon enoughmesblau will become famous soon enoughmesblau will become famous soon enoughmesblau will become famous soon enoughmesblau will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 (7gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Failure to follow directions.

That root password is only for the "Diags" system.
The "Main" system has root login disabled.

If you do not use "bootm 0xE41000" the system will boot to the "Main" system rather than the "Diags" system

The password you have is for the "Diags" system there is no password for the "Main" system, which is what you chose to run by skipping the bootm ... part of the directions.

All of this is fully described in the use of the serial port thread, try reading it and even better yet, follow it.
I already know that root is disabled in the normal boot, and that it only starts session in diagnostic mode, but I was trying, because nothing had come out, only the prompt to start session...

I have reassembled everything, through a breadboard, and now if I have seen the U-Boot log, but in half it has been put back with strange words, which is the best place to connect the ground? (for now I have it on a screw)

EDIT 1> solved no longer gives me problems with the ground

Last edited by mesblau; 11-21-2018 at 01:07 PM.
mesblau is offline   Reply With Quote