View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:10 AM   #15
sunny1z
Enthusiast
sunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo
sorry forgot to quote Syskin
This was the exact problem.. and I can't figure out why it was messed up on my glow.. and someone else did not have any problem on their Kobo Glow device.
That's wat worries me a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysKin View Post
Was that the book with various <font> tags? Because if yes, it *was* kobo splitting words wrong.
As much as html doesn't specify how to split words, <font> is an inline html element and inline html elements are never a valid base on which to split. It *is* valid to have a portion of a word written in different font (imagine an emphasised letter) and boundaries of such font change are not sensible places for a newline.

In other words, while that book was silly, it was not invalid and there exists a perfectly logical way to render it, and what Kobo was doing was not it.

Unless you're referring to a different word split problem in which case I apologise for off-topic...
sunny1z is offline   Reply With Quote