Thread: Glo Full Screen ?
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 04:36 AM   #12
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
As a former Sony User I was also kinda annoyed with the "waste" of space, the Sony readers in comparison put a lot more Text on the screen.
What helped me was to reformat my books, reducing the linespacing to 110% or even 105%, and most importantly removing top and bottom margins really helped to get the feeling of having a properly filled page to read.

Most books have fixed 5px margins on top and bottom set in their css, as most readers write Text right on the edge of the screen otherwise.
The Kobo automaticaly leaves a comfortable 3-4px white space on top, and it of course has a huge empty space at the bottom that makes any lower margin redundant.

Just removing those lines should net you an extra line of text, or more depending on your fontsize.
I know it's not the solution you really want, but it was a big step for my reading comfort, and you at least regain one line back from the bottom white space.
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote