View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #7
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
Hey guys,

I'm considering buying my first e-reader tomorrow, the Kobo Touch. It's the only one available in any store in my neighborhood, and since it seems to be a fairly good one I'm content with it.

However, I just read the main page of Mobileread, announcing the Kobo Glo.

Do I often read in the dark? Yes and no. I've got a special reading light above my bed and bus/train have lighting on at all times during my early morning commutes.

The thing that matters most then: Is the Kobo Glo that much of an upgrade over the Kobo Touch that I should wait for the Glo?
What type of books do you read? Do you usually buy ebooks or read free ones? How much are you willing to spend on the device itself?

My suggestion is check ebook prices and titles (if you are planning to buy ebooks) Having a solid company behind your hardware, and a decent online store, is key! If something goes wrong with your hardware, you won't invest endless hours on the phone in order to get a replacement.

My 1st ereader was a Nook. But I mainly buy SQL books. It was an ok reader (at that time) but the inability to find titles and not able to use landscape, makes the ereader useless. So I bought a Kindle, later an iPad, and happy with that combo.

So check ebook prices and titles. And if the company with the online store sells ereaders as well, it makes more sense to buy their own hardware as well.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote