Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #36
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvjohn View Post
I'm looking through the DeBrick thread now of course, but so far I'm unsure how I can access the Amazon file where I inserted that line. Is the root partition supposed to be mounted to allow access beside the usual /mnt/us?
That is the problem. You can't really access it unless you get a full shell somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvjohn View Post
I have managed to get into diags mode, & switched to usbnet mode, as of course that's how I edited the file, but my connection is always refused.
That's probably because you don't have the SSH-enabled diags partition. You can get an image with built-in SSH from http://gitbrew.org/~dasmoover/kindle/touch/forensic/ (either *p2.img is ok). The only problem now is that you can't easily update the partition (If you had a running main partition, you could just dd it.)

So the easiest way is probably to flash that diags partition.

There *might* be an alternative: re-apply the jailbreak as described here: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind....tar.gz_method
It still supports a /mnt/us/runme.sh.

You could probably create a runme.sh which simply replaces the init.xargs with a pristine copy, and removes the gui_restarts thingy. (It would be a subset of the commands in my above post). I haven't tested this, though.

Either way, I strongly recommend installing the SSH-enabled diags partition as soon as you can, as it's a real lifesaver. I de-bricked my device in 5 minutes with it...
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote