View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 07:32 AM   #18
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulixes View Post
Call me stupid, but I have no idea how to load a PDF into ScanTailor. Just installed it and it will only accept JPGs, it seems .... Can you explain?
ScanTailor doesn't handle PDFs directly. It is a program to postprocess scanned pages. You should disassemble the pdf into images first, then convert them into jpeg/png/tiff and only then add them to ScanTailor. Under linux:

pdfimages filename.pdf f
mogrify -format png *.pbm

And the files are ready for use in ScanTailor. Then you assemble the output files of ScanTailor with another program - e.g. gscan2pdf or djvusolo. I would prefer to process the files from archive.org in this way, even if they were ready out of the box for Onyx M92. The procedure allows you to trim unnecessary white margins, center text and straighten up tilted pages. The new file is usually more neat and reader-friendly than the original.

You can, of course, skip all these steps and download djvu files directly from archive.org, if you don't mind the formatting. To download don't click on "DjVu" in the "View the book" box on the left. Instead click on "All Files: HTTP". This will open a page with a list of file formats. Then right-click on the djvu file and select "Save as".

Last edited by slex; 04-18-2012 at 07:35 AM.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote