Thread: Touch Excessive Battery Use?
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #81
azazel1024
Groupie
azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook simple touch, iPad 2
This time 13 days with extremely light use before "dead". I probably read maybe 10-12hrs over the 13 days. Been busy and doing a lot on my iPad, so I maybe only read 1-2hrs on about 5 or 6 days out of that 13 since I charged it last wednesday. Powered off last night when I just started reading in bed and refused to power on. This morning powered on and claimed 75% charge. I turned it OFF and later turned it back on in my car just to push a little more juice in to get me through the weekend and a planned replacement. Claimed 60% charge. Charged on the 1amp charger for my 25 minute drive in to work...claimed 51% charge after that.

Called for the 2nd time, they agreed to a warranty replacement. Apparently despite what their website says, they are now doing replacement/exchanges through the local stores. Emailed me an RMA letter to print and take in with my nook.

The letter and the person I spoke to in the store told me to just bring the letter and the nook and they'll do the exchange. Woman on the phone at B&N call center said being the charger and box if available as well.

I am going with just the nook and the letter. Pain in the butt to have to drive home and get that stuff and then back to the store instead of just swinging by on my way home.

So, long story short (bet you wished this part was at the top and you could skip the rest ), I should have a replacement new/refurb this evening and hopefully it'll be working A-okay and also not having to deal with shipping it somewhere.
azazel1024 is offline   Reply With Quote