View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #6
Thalia Helikon
Enthusiast
Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kindle n-T, Nook Color Tablet, Nexus 6
I just returned my Kindle touch

Literally JUST returned from dropping it off at the UPS Store. I used the $$ from my Amazon credit card points to buy the "sponsored" Touch, but I chose to return it after a week.

The reason I chose Touch in the first place was because of superior software and operating system-- the non-touch is pretty much a brick except for the e-reader function. Supposedly the Touch has better games, the option for "Text to Speech," Audible Audio books, music.

However, I did not like the touch screen. My fingers must be non-conductive, because I have to rap and tap on the screen like I was knocking on a door!! It seriously interfered with my reading enjoyment, to pause and repeatedly tap the screen. In addition, I noticed that the screen flashed black and then refreshed as text. [In the settings, I selected "do not refresh e-ink screen on each page change."]

I was not delighted with the flat file structure. I told my mom it was like throwing all my books into a pond. I couldn't discern series order. I guess you have to make collections on the Kindle, you can't build a file structure while connected over USB. And then you are limited by sort order.

If I choose another Kindle e-reader, it will be the non-touch, non-sponsored. I do not want touch screen. I want a toggle switch, or a rocker switch, to turn pages. I have plenty of smart devices; I just need an ereader with nice display and long battery life. I wish there was a device that operated on Calibre, so I could keep 2,000 books in different genres, tagged, sorted by series order!! Is that too much to ask??
Thalia Helikon is offline   Reply With Quote