View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 10:56 AM   #313
nelluk
nelluk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@nelluk - thanks for the detail, that is exactly what I needed to know

Before I revisit thinking about your original request, just a suggestion. Steps 6,7,8 could all be done with a single "Add to shelf" click using this plugin.

This is good information and I have configured the plugin with shelf add actions so that I can do this in the future.

BUT.. I will probably do this infrequently and stick to my previously mentioned workflow for the most part.

The reason is that Goodreads is my go-to place for books, not Calibre. I use the GR website on a daily basis. I pretty much only launch Calibre when I acquire new books and need to sync my device. When I finish a book my first step is to load goodreads.com and mark it as read.

Related to this is that Goodreads collects more data than just date-read and rating. Those are the two most important bits, but I like to put more stuff in. I like to make sure my date-started field is set. Sometimes I write mini-reviews. I like to fill out the meta-data so that GR has better data on the books.

So basically, Goodreads is my book hub. I just like Calibre to also have the genre, rating, read-status, and read-date information synced up. So I use the workflow described in my previous post.
nelluk is offline   Reply With Quote