View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 12:40 AM   #29
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
I suppose it all depends. A number of these reading apps are quite popular though, especially with folks who read on mobile devices! I prefer to at least check the way my books work in them and see they are at least readable if not perfectly formatted.

Even apps that do generally support ADE, will often have differences in how things are handled.
Well...

The "it all depends" sounds great, but at the end of the day, realistically, in a commercial operation, you can only check the book in so many devices and readers. As it is now, we're checking ours in 7 different devices; 3 Amazon, 2 Nook, one iPad and one Kobo. At that point...you just start running out of gas. And if you ask 10 people what their fave reading app is, you'll get 10 different answers. {shrug}. And a good number of the reading apps do ignore the CSS, or allow the users to override it. So...it's fairly futile, in terms of trying to cover your bases.

Just my $.02,

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote