View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 10:52 PM   #5
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by loulou123 View Post
Am now pretty sure I've killed my Sony prs 300 so looking for a new ereader...

My choice is between the obvious contenders - new Sony, kindle orkobo (the basic one.)

I mainly get books from the overdrive library system, I don't really buy them, but the few I have brought are in epub.

I'm not concerned about wireless or a browser etc and I'm not particularly fussed by touch screen.

Kindle is pretty much out in my mind, due to using overdrive so much (am sure its poss to get around this but it seems a lot of hassle.)

Logic is saying to go with kobo, as its much cheaper then Sony - does this seem like a good choice?
If you use the library a lot and don't want to do anything illegal, then you should drop the Kindle because without DRM removal you can't read library books with it. The Nook looks pretty nice but if you aren't in the US you won't want to get that either. I haven't tried the Sony T1 but I have the Kobo Touch and it's really great.

Last edited by The Terminator; 01-21-2012 at 12:11 AM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote