View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 03:31 PM   #8
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Kindle also does not read PDF metadata, just displays the file name.

I'll qualify this a little: some of my PDFs do show an Author in Kindle's item list, but most don't, even though they do have Author metadata. And for those that do, I can't figure out where Kindle is reading the Author string from. And I cannot create a PDF of my own that shows Author when put on the Kindle.

Calibre reads the PDF metadata when importing PDF to populating its own metadata, but it doesn't seem to write any changes you make back to the PDF (unlike, say, ePub or mobi). Nevertheless, the PDFs that showed an Author on Kindle before being imported to calibre no longer show one when using the copy stored in calibre's library.

This has been driving me a little nuts this morning. Seems there are bugs everywhere I look.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote