View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #571
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by acalva View Post
After the firmware upgrade i got a message saying that the firmware is not compatible with Collections Manager. I know that it says on the OP that it will not be compatible but I wonder if this can be modified.
You mean if the message can be modified? Sure, edit it to whatever fits your needs and recompile CM.

And now, seriously:

Come on, the firmware has been out for merely one day. Because of Lab126 developers' "being the @$$#0%3$ that we are, we love to antagonize the independent developers, so we re-obfuscate everything anew with every new firmware release, just because we can" motto... for each new firmware, it takes about 4 or 5 hours of rather complicated work for me to figure out how that new firmware can be supported. And guess what, I have a real job and a real life too.

Yes, I will eventually look into supporting new firmwares. But I will do so when I have the time and motivation to do so. And I wouldn't mind at all if somebody else, instead of just coming here and complaining that I'm not fast enough in providing the work that I do on a voluntary basis, actually invested some effort to support new firmwares -- in fact, I would happily include their patches.

Sorry if that sounded a bit harsh, I'm not trying to offend you. Just read between the lines of your post and you'll hopefully understand why it was rather counterproductive.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote