View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #17
Peter Ahlstrom
Connoisseur
Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Paul, got a question. Is stripping actually necessary? I mean, when you upload an unstripped mobi to Amazon, does Amazon strip it themselves?

I had a mobi file made in kindlegen from an opf and html, and the unstripped version was 471 K. This was uploaded to Amazon and went on sale. Then I remembered I should strip it, so I did and got it down to 258 K. But then I looked at the version already on Amazon, and it said the filesize was 251 K.

So it seems to me that when the mobi was uploaded to Amazon in the first place, Amazon did something on the backend to already make the file as small as possible. Is there something I'm missing here?

(By the way, without mobiunpack I never would have been able to get the formatting looking very good. A million thanks for that.)

Last edited by Peter Ahlstrom; 10-05-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Peter Ahlstrom is offline   Reply With Quote