View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #155
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Fan noise on Google Chromebook Pixel

I'm online for ca. 2 hours now.
I've briefly heard the fan once or twice. Even then it only was a slight whisper and didn't bother me and stopped again after 10 or 15 seconds.
Simple explanation:
Today, for the first time (got it on Friday), I'm in "normal usage" mode.
Meaning: I actually stopped to read some reviews or emails, whereas before I was in testing mode and pushing the machine much harder.
From what I experience now, for the last 2 hours, I'd say:
If one uses Chromebook Pixel as intended, meaning surfing the web and actually reading a bit, the fan will be rarely on.
If one jumps from app to app, like I did since Friday, or watches (my test file) a 30GB rip of Avatar, the fan is on most of the time.
But so it is on my MacBook Air.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote