View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #53
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I have tried extra battery for previous phones but they are very inconvenient because you have to reboot. It is much better to buy an external battery and use that to charge the phone.
I tend to use a larger third-party battery and back cover, which obviate the need to carry a second power-retentive object. This solution has served me well with the original Galaxy S.

Perhaps that tactic won't be as necessary with a Note II. Which external battery do you use?

And again, removing a phone's internal battery is sometimes crucial for a quick restart -- not necessarily at the beginning of a smartphone's life, but a year or two in. Something to consider when button mashing fails.

Penforhire:

The Mophie 2029 JPU-Powerstation-Duo is the external battery I've meant to buy ever since NYC's last major blackout, when I had to use my smartphone as an alarm clock.

Battery cases are likely out because I tend not to own iPhones.

Taosaur:

My grillfiend and I live in different cities, so I travel at least three weekends a month. That and imminent power issues in NYC are reasons I'd look at battery life even if I ever did finally check out of Amazon with that separate charger which has spent oodles of time idling in my cart.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 02-17-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote