View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 12:39 AM   #11
tomereader
Zealot
tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ectaco JBL, Archos 5, 7, 70, Kindle DXG, Craig 7, Vizio Vtab
sighs, guess that google link in the first post doesn't work although I've had several friends test the link (and it works) and it contains all the answers ....the above was just the links minus my comments

so quoting from my google page minus the graphics

Okay before I go any further, let me describe what I wanted, before I reveal what I settled for...

My ideal case or cover would be hard outside, padded inside, and let me read from it

I wanted a case, or cover to look like a notebook (albeit a very small one, but masking what was inside

I wanted a case, or cover to store the JBL where it would be protected from dirt, and dust, and maybe a short fall from bed or sofa to the floor.

So I started my quest for a case or cover at the forums of MobileRead. The JBL (at the time of purchase) did not meet any of my criteria except that it was under $100.00, later it let me read library books which was my number one goal

As I progressed in my quest I started to re-think my parameters …. any kind of leather-ish cover would still smell pda or ipod or something a heathen might want to separate me from, so I started leaning towards a more deceptive cover, namely hollowing out a book and that works well although X-acto knives, utility blades, box cutters don’t do well with blind folks (Kids, don’t try this at home!) I was able to make a cover that is so tight I cant shake the JBL from it, that I can read from the JBL while it is in the book.

Plus the book I chose has a slip cover so it has even more protection, and the pages don't fall open, or show any gaps (I didn't do the paint the outside with watered down glue thing) the first attempt book makes a nice stash for cash/credit cards too....

I am working on version 2 that will house the JBL in the top section, then after about 50 pages of filler have a storage area for 4 batteries and another area for a spare USB cord

======

Are you abnormally picky? Or totally indecisive?

Neither, I am stubborn and thorough .... I kept thinking the next site could have the case I wanted, it wasn't until I realized that every site coming up as a search result was already on my list that I knew there simply wasn't a JBL exclusive case that didn't have a hole in it.....and that wasn't acceptable to me

so my hollowed out book works for all of my needs except not being rain/waterproof....

Last edited by tomereader; 12-15-2010 at 12:48 AM.
tomereader is offline   Reply With Quote