Thread: Literary Loving by Henry Green
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 12:21 AM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I finished the book last night. I enjoyed it even more than I anticipated. It really did represent a slice of life between "once upon a day" and "happily ever after." I liked the focus on the servants rather than a balance between upstairs & downstairs. The prose was very unusual. The phrasing was sometimes awkward and the punctuation optional. There was intentional ambiguity or obfuscation. Yet, I just wanted to keep reading and couldn't put it down. This book is the type that one could enjoy more on a second reading and pick up nuances missed the first time. Thanks for nominating it, sun surfer!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote