View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkher View Post
Thanks.

It is pretty difficult for me, as I consider tablets suitable only as gifts or to practice shots to a trash basket

But seriously, there is this warning in Calibre:
" In some cases, an output profile is required to produce documents that will work on a device. For example EPUB on the SONY reader"

I do use Calibre converter to create epubs for Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-T2 in landscape orientation. And Sony-landscape resolution is just completely wrong for them.

So is there a way to set a custom output resolution?
It would be great for experimenting.
Conversion to the precise wanted resolution sometimes might be better than leaving it to the reader.
I need them for stand-alone ebook-convert.exe as well.

As it is now, Aura HD (1440 x 1080) and Sony PRS-T1/T2 landscape (600x800) do not have proper output profiles at all. (I don't know by how many pixels those resolutions have to be reduced - that is for experimenting)
'Tablet' is (now) just a catch all for Larger screen (resolution).

Bin that (all those) sucker if it can't deal with less than optimal images... You sure can't optomize of the shelf DRM EPUB books.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote