View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 09:53 AM   #6
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
Thanks.

It is pretty difficult for me, as I consider tablets suitable only as gifts or to practice shots to a trash basket

But seriously, there is this warning in Calibre:
" In some cases, an output profile is required to produce documents that will work on a device. For example EPUB on the SONY reader"

I do use Calibre converter to create epubs for Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-T2 in landscape orientation. And Sony-landscape resolution is just completely wrong for them.

So is there a way to set a custom output resolution?
It would be great for experimenting.
Conversion to the precise wanted resolution sometimes might be better than leaving it to the reader.
I need them for stand-alone ebook-convert.exe as well.

As it is now, Aura HD (1440 x 1080) and Sony PRS-T1/T2 landscape (600x800) do not have proper output profiles at all. (I don't know by how many pixels those resolutions have to be reduced - that is for experimenting)

Last edited by parkher; 06-30-2013 at 09:56 AM.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote