View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #23
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
OK, the clock is ticking with only a little over two days left to nominate, so in the absence of any consensus or a ruling from Fearless Leader, I'm going to go ahead with a suggestion.

I nominated The American Senator by Trollope in the main club last month; it had some traction in the voting and I still think it has merit, so I'm repeating it here.

Public domain, of course. Available here at MR; if people don't want to convert to ePub it's also available at Manybooks. Free audio at LibriVox.

I gotta lot of ideas, so if no one else jumps in, I'll subject you all to more of them!

I'll note two things: one, that the club anniversary is coming up, and categories can be rejiggered for next year, if people think the nineteenth century is getting short shrift.

Two, I think the idea behind both the region and time period categories is to force people outside their comfort zones. Sooner or later (perhaps later, as Hamlet points out), we should have covered the globe and the (linguistic) history of mankind.
They could also download the Mobi file and run it through Calibre to convert it to epub. Or from epub to Mobi format. Very simple.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote