View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #18
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
fantasyfan, you beat me to Conrad! Seeing the direction of the poll last night, I was considering early Conrad - except Heart of Darkness I love that novel but it's the one Conrad I've already read.
Any particular Conrad in mind? Just having a glance through, the obvious picks seem to be:

Almayer's Folly, his first novel and An Outcast of the Islands, his second novel.

After Heart of Darkness there was Lord Jim, just on the cusp of our selection criteria.

Not sure if I'll participate in this one. My mouth was watering looking at all the famous works from this century, but I've already read a couple this year and I'm feeling like I need to focus on more modern books for a while.

So I'll spare Hamlet53 my H G Wells nomination and Issybird my many Russian nominations. But if I were to join, I would probably nominate Quo Vadis, Ben Hur or The Beetle.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote