View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #44
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Looks like you are CORRECT !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
When you have time, go to the Amazon reviews and sort by 'newest reviews first'. I've been doing this on and off since I received my first blobby unit. Most of the time, you will see 'blotchy screen' complaints on page one, if not multiple times.

Also, I notice that as of this morning, the average rating for the PW has dropped from four stars to 3 1/2. It's kind of sad that this makes me happy, but it's always nice to feel vindicated.
As of now there are 403 customer reviews for the Paperwhite. 249 voted 4 or 5 stars and 89 voted 1 or 2 stars. The overall rating is 3.5 stars.

One complaint sums up what you are saying here:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R9R6YI8...#R9R6YI82RMJV1

That means 22% are dissatisfied with their first unit. That is a huge amount of dissatisfied customers.

The big defect noticed were the smudges at the bottom of the screen. I barely notice them on my unit but others enhanced the photo I posted and they were very noticeable after the enhancement.

Its true the Amazon publicity photos had no evidence of those blotches at all.

Its possible that the majority who don't complain about them, simply have poorer vision than those who do complain about them. Maybe if the Amazon publicity photos showed them at least faintly, very few would be complaining now.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-10-2012 at 09:23 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote