View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 10:28 AM   #1215
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
I had to discover the strangest thing: The SD (SD, not Micro-SD!) only can be used for file transfer, but not for App2SD!
Thanks much for your Sony Tablet S re-review. Because of it, I bought the Tablet S and like it, though I don't really have the knowledge to compare it to any other 10" tablet.

I had followed your reviews closely and saw that at first you didn't like the Tablet S. Most other users' complaints were of a weak wi-fi (luckily, mine is very strong) and an easily-scratched screen (my Sony-refurubished one came with the Sony screen protector applied and an insert saying so, so they must be aware of this problem). I believe the SD slot is now integrated in the Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.3) Android version--at least I see no separation in the apps I've used so far.

I also like the dock for easier charging (it easily drops in the dock, as opposed to a slight bit of difficulty putting on the bare connector), and the host USB dongle accessory, which has allowed me to connect an old folding USB keyboard. The Sony case is nice too, because it's fairly stiff, though it has no place to store anything else. Sony USA had the case and dock on sale, each for $10, so their purchase was a no-brainer.

Thanks again for sharing all your valuable info!
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote