View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #579
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Just started listening to Death by Water book #15 in Kerry Greenwood's Phryne Fisher series, read by Stephanie Daniel. Now I absolutely love the Phryne Fisher books, but this is the first of them that I've listened to as an audio book. An excellent reader with good pace and good character definition. I'm not able to judge the quality of accents, but they don't sound wrong to my North American ears.

For those who haven't yet discovered Phryne, you have a treat ahead. The series is set in 1928 Melbourne (and environs), with this book being set on a P&O cruise ship to New Zealand. Phryne is a wonderful character, sort of an Australian (and female) Lord Peter Wimsey, but much funnier and delightfully eccentric. The first in the series is Cocaine Blues.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote