View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 12:19 PM   #29
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Thanks for the info, KentE. At the price of the Fuze+, I am not too worried--I'll try the audiobooks on it (I assume I could just pop the microSDHC card out of the Clip Zip and into the Fuze+?) and if there are problems, I'll just used it for music and photos or video.
I probably sounded too negative about the Fuse+. If your audiobooks are mostly (or entirely) Audible format, I think you'll be fine. There's still the clunky menu system, but it seems to come up where last used in the menu if you shut it down the right way-- so if your habit is to listen to an Audible audiobook all the way through without intermittently switching to different playback material (music, non-Audible audiobooks, etc.), you can avoid the clunky menu navigating and the file name/metadata problem.
For my sister-in-law project, most of her audiobooks are not from Audible, and a number will be transfers from CD-- this is where the Fuse+ becomes a real pain. As I remember, the core of the problem is that the Fuse+ has real problems integrating multiple files (chapters, tracks, etc) into a cohesive book. The exact format of naming the tracks is critical, and sometimes I had to go deeper and edit the metadata information. The Audible format isn't a problem, since it's basically 1 track, and plays on Audible software.
I think it'll also be okay if primarily used for music playback, too-- I didn't try that, and think I remember reading their were a couple of menu quirks for large music libraries, but don't remember any details.
At $20, it's a bargain IF you don't listen to non-Audible audiobooks, or if you have another player available if the Fuse+ can't handle the files properly.
KentE
KentE is offline   Reply With Quote