View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
sha80
sha80 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Kindle 4 NT gets frozen in a sleep mode

Hello!
I have a Kindle 4 NT for more than a year and it was just perfect, but once I hadn't use it for a long time and when I got it there was a screen with a message to charge it. So I did. Then I turned it on and everything was fine until it went to a sleep mode with a screensaver. I pressed the 'ON' button but nothing happened. I followed the instruction on the amazon page: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...829000#restart. My Kindle rebooted and everything was OK until it went to sleep again. I pressed the 'ON' button but the Kindle didn't wake up. I also noticed that there was no green light at all, only yellow one when I charge the Kindle with the adapter or when I plug it into my computer.
When I plug the Kindle into a computer it doesn't recognize the Kindle unless I hold the button for 20 seconds and it gets rebooted. Then it is recognized as a USB drive.
I tried to reset the Kindle to the factory settings but it didn't change anything, the problem still remains. Then I reflashed the main and diagnostic partitions, it didn't help. Then I reflashed partitions and the main kernel, and it still gets frozen in a sleep mode.
Everything else works as usual, I can read books, use Wi-Fi, and so on but if I don't use it for 10 minutes it goes to a sleep mode and gets frozen and I have to reboot it which takes a long time.
Could you please advise me how I can fix this problem?
Regards,
Alexander
sha80 is offline   Reply With Quote