View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #1474
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Dana Stabenow refers to Harry Dresden!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
....As well as Mountain Echoes (The Walker Papers) by C.E. Murphy - Feb 19, 2013 (#8, I think)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Hmmmm....I'll look on amazon for that author/series...ah ha! $5.54 for book 1, Urban Shaman! The title and the price grabbed me (as I like native american characters and mythology -'Injun Joe' and 'skinwalker' [and cheap] for instance) and so I grabbed up a copy! Ah, my ever-expanding TBR!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I'm reading the first of that series called the Walker Papers by C.E. Murphy. She's kinda' interesting to me as she was born in Homer Alaska (I lived in Alaska for 1/2 of the 60's), writes this Urban Fantasy (presently my favorite genre) series about a 27 year old female native American Shaman and Catie Murphy (the author's actual name) presently lives in Ireland (a lot of Celtic mythology seems to be included in this first book, Urban Shaman). Also my college degree is in Anthropology and am interested in both Celtic and Native American mythology. :
I finished reading Urban Shaman by C.E. Murphy. An interesting and a quite different approach to Urban Fantasy than I've been exposed to before. Now I've just began reading A Deeper Sleep by Dana Stabenow, the 15th book in the Kate Shugak Mysteries series.

I'm a couple of chapters into A Deeper Sleep and just ran into this paragraph:

Quote:
Johnny, who obviously still had a lot of work ahead of him before he could start violating all the known laws of physics, gave up and trudged mournfully to his bedroom. Not neglecting to take the copy of the latest Harry Dresden novel with him, even though Kate’s bookmark was prominently clasped at the halfway mark.
Dana often refers to a book or series that I've read in these Kate Shugak books.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote