View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #176
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Lightbulb those who need a little bit "more" space

I know this is a stupid point. but I'll say it anyway. I now allow an extra ~25% whitespace in menus as some users use larger fonts.

I am in fact one of these users most of the time as it allows me to view what those using these elevated visibility will see. Which is helpful for devving for "all users".

So, well, that's it really, allowing a bit of space prevents those HORRIFIC ... ellipses being triggered. (In the Yifan Lu Extension Launcher is the main culprit)

Perhaps I should try to grab down the code for it.
Or perhaps he re-used amazons code...

I vote the removal of the "auto-ellipses" feature for a one-day jbpatch, heck who knows maybe some crazy other person might think this helpful too and write a patch!
(Not Ixtab) :P

Digression over; ellipses are great, until they take up 25% of your menu space...
(although in Collection Manager they are very tiny and only take up about 2 or 3 characters)

I will fire up the Collections Manager and check how it looks, now I've typed all this.

EDIT: Ah, okay so just the one entry : )
("Limit filters to the lower p??? ", as-in with no these, would mean exactly the same thing FWIW)

I use the 125% font that is available on this site. (I could hunt it down)
There were MANY downloads of it which I assume to be mute acceptance of a standard.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle:0.0 - GVncViewer_149.png
Views:	542
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	94019  

Last edited by twobob; 10-12-2012 at 02:58 PM. Reason: examples, ideas, screenies
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote