View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 03:12 AM   #148
ab78727
Connoisseur
ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable2 Sony-DPT-S1 iPad9g
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystl View Post
Anamardoll, why yes, you should

...and perhaps I should get myself in gear and start playing so that I can get this figured out. I am not against my PBB, and at first the thought of cutting books took some getting used to, but I plan on mixing and merging but there are just those books from college that are simply taking up space and unusable for research, as i cannot access them--such books are perfect for this!

Ab, about your experience with bookscan--have you noticed missed pages or so? As Anamardoll's process works with pdfs (without OCR unless she finds out otherwise) both companies seem to fit.

Right now I am setting up a serious plan of conversion, etc.
Hi Krystl, I scrutinized the first set of 20 books from bookscan.us very carefully (i.e. moved to each page and checked page numbers) and found no errors in there. I even did random keyword searches and they came up as expected. My second (larger) set is in progress right now and I will scrutize it carefully as well (at least for page numbers - it may sound tedious but using Foxit + side-by-side view ensures that I can skim through the smaller books quickly).

I have not noticed any problems with 1DS either though sometimes their scans come in as slightly faded for some of my books (but not bad and the text within such blocks OCR's correctly as well from my random checks).
ab78727 is offline   Reply With Quote