View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #10
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtanis View Post
Hello rkomar,

Tried program yesterday. It works fine now. Thank your very much. Now I can read my comics without converting them. Happy New Year to you.

Got one request though. Is it possible to add an new zoom option where you customize the zoom level? Quite some comics have blank margins at both sides, so a 'fit width' makes the image just too small due to those blank margins. If there was an option where you could set a (by entering numbers) custom zoom and which also autom. center the image horizontally (not vertically) after zooming, I could get rid of those margins by zooming up an image a little more than the 'fidth width' value.
I thought it was only a matter of time before someone asked for this. Anyway, it wasn't too hard to implement, so I added it to the program. I've updated the zip files at the top of this thread and at my website with the new binaries and source file.

I fooled around with it, and it really only does what you want if every image is the same size. If the images vary, then the results are hit and miss. I think ideally you would want to work out how big the margins are for each image and fit the image without the margins, but that's more work than I want to do at the moment. Some scans are quite dirty and the margins are full of noise, so doing it robustly would take some care.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote