View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 06:48 PM   #40
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Great post.
I have a few suggestions.
At the very beginning of the first post you might put something like:
This is fourth version of the guide and it was amended using various suggestions in subsequent posts.
I do not suggest this to get some credit for a suggestion or two, but without this explanation a first time reader might find some of the following posts ... superfluous.
I listed the edit history at the end, though I admit I didn't credit contributors, it's more of a "you know who you are"- thing I think I'll do that retrospectively.
I don't know about the superfluous following posts, though. I see the first post to be kind of stand-alone and the thread to be a discussion of what can and should be improved. I hoped to have made that point through the introductory and final comments, do you think I should clarify?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
To get this thread back on track - you will find flags, such as DOTALL, used in many of the recipes. Customizing recipes inhabits the same sort of advanced user, middle ground, as the advanced conversion options do.
Yes, I know about usage in Python code, but wanted this introduction to mainly be about what we most often see as help requests: conversion header/footer removal and matching of metadata. Somehow I managed to skip the part of the Python manual that explained the use of flags inside the expression itself... as you'll see, I've since added at least two of the flags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I do intend to add this to the User Manual (with Manichean's permission) when he is done updating it.
With pleasure. Though I can't tell you when that will be, because everyone seems to constantly come up with new and valid points.