View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 05:31 PM   #9
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittendrigh View Post
Good information. Thank you. Yes I want to both make ebooks and to work with the underlying software and file formats. I'll look more closely at epub3. And at the workshop sub-forum here.
Thank you!

When I read ebooks with my Android tablet (with various readers) I find the experience lacking. I'd like to have an option to have the text flow around an always on top TOC. I'd like to see embedded images be expandable when ever possible (click on the image and then see a large format HiRes version that temporarily overtakes the screen). And embedded video and hyperlinks that work. And have a way to offer supplementary background information in addition to chapters and pages 1...N

I'll have to study epub and epub3 (I should have done that first but I didn't know about epub3) because it's still not clear to me how much of this (lacking features) is due to file format limitations and how much is the result of the author not including available capabilities.
It might also be the device or app limitations.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote