Thread: Sony Sucks!!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 10:05 AM   #12
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
I'll agree that the Sony bookstore sucks. But I didn't buy my PRS-505 so I could shop at their bookstore; I bought it so I could get books from Feedbooks & Manybooks (and was happy to add Mobileread to that list), and freebie ebooks, and Baen ebooks, and some Fictionwise ebooks, and fanfic run through one of the various converters, and subscribe to blogs (which I still haven't done; haven't run out of freebies and fanfic yet).

If you were expecting to mostly buy books from Sony's store... yeah, it sucks. Some people are going to feel cheated about that; it's nowhere near as extensive, nor as cheap, nor as well-programmed, as Amazon's ebook-buying options.

But the Reader does what I want it to do--allows me to read ebooks away from my computer. Since a substantial portion of what I read is web-based content that has never and will never see print (fanfic, blogs), I needed something that was easy to convert to, not easy to download to. Between Calibre, Lib2Go, and the Reader's PDF capabilities, I'm very happy with it.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote