View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #21
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
You might not know that ebook availability is an access issue for many people with disabilities, not just a slight preference or a convenience matter. Now that it's relatively trivial to create/release an ebook, for a person or company with the resources to do so to deliberately withhold a readily accessible format is not defensible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Especially older people like Lee herself.
Plus, business-wise, it's 25% of the total market and more of the backlist market.
If she wants her book widely read, it needs to be on ebook.
Perhaps I am missing something, but I don't see how an ebook adds much for people with disabilities over and above what a large print paper book (available) or audio book (available) already provide.

Yes, it may not be a wise choice on her part to miss out on sales of ebook version that would not otherwise occur in other formats. That is her choice though. That and I don't think Lee need worry about her book not being read.

Perk up though yea who have been waiting for an ebook before reading this great book. Shortly before Ray Bradbury died he relented on that issue and many of his books are now available as ebooks. That and once Harper Lee dies whomever copyright is transferred to may allow ebooks to be sold.