View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #96
jasontaylor7
Blacklisted
jasontaylor7 began at the beginning.

Device: palm pixi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami
I am allowed to convert my DVD to MPEG. How I do it, is no issue.
Perhaps I need to move there. In the meantime, are you sure you are allowed to break CSS encryption? Are you sure you are allowed to possess code to do that? Not according to this strange website (wikipedia.org):

"Under United States Federal law, making a backup copy of a DVD-Video or an audio CD by a consumer is legal under fair use protection. However, this provision of United States law conflicts with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act prohibition of so-called "circumvention measures" of copy protections. ... In 2010 the Librarian of Congress instituted a DMCA exemption which protects circumvention of CSS protection under certain circumstances.[6] This exemption will expire in 2013. ... The software was still legally available due to many countries not having such restrictions, but in November 2005, Macrovision acquired the intellectual property rights to the software, revoked all licenses of use for the software, and started sending cease-and-desist letters to distributors on the grounds of copyright infringement.[7]"

And speaking of wikipedia, I recently uploaded an image to wikipedia. The image was from a scientist, who gave me direct permission to upload the picture to wikipedia. A Wikipedia moderator removed the image because I didn't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the author made the image for the creative commons and fair use restrictions of wikipedia. So much for cc, fair use, and even any future financial donations to wikipedia from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
No good deed remains unpunished.
They 'll sue you.
Indeed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warner_..._vs._RDR_Books Meanwhile, the likes of certain bankers, certain politicians moving revolving doors in large buildings, certain CEOs of large multinational companies, etc. constantly shag the public. In public.

Last edited by jasontaylor7; 02-09-2013 at 04:04 PM.
jasontaylor7 is offline   Reply With Quote