View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 05:53 PM   #6
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Borders has flubbed their launch by revealing their site in bits and broken pieces. That has left at least one Border's fan (me) with a bad impression of the site's functionality. Also, since we're all about e-books here, when you click the Books | ebooks link, you are dumped unceremoniously onto a Sony page, where all you can do is Download the eBook Library software.

In other words, Amazon offers a fully integrated shopping experience. A Book is a Book, and you pick the "edition" you want, including the Kindle edition.

Borders doesn't offer such an experience. You want an ebook, do you? Talk to Sony. And once you do, you aren't really shopping at Borders, you're shopping at Sony, whose site sucks swamp water through a striped straw. Nor can you use Border's Bucks or coupons at Sony. The above makes the Border's site completely irrelevant to e-book buyers.

I could not vote on the Poll. I need the following option:

I determine what I want to read by word of mouth and/or by browsing at a brick and mortar bookstore where I can speak with literate store clerks - then I come home and fight through the various e-book sites until I find what I want, or more often, don't.

Which brings me back to the "death of the bookstore" paranoia. I don't think I'm alone. Give me a real bookstore that SELLS EBOOKS, and I'm there sister!

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 06-03-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote