View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 05:48 PM   #5
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
amazon is much easier to use than this borders "magic shelf". the borders "shelves" only allow me to mouse over one row of books at a time. that's a slow way to go. also some of the covers are harder to read than others. i think it's too much flash (and i don't mean adobe flash) over function. it doesn't allow browsers who read quickly to get to the most titles quickly and easily.

if borders wants to compete, a very easy to use website with less colors, graphics and features would be more likely to get me there. also some good sale prices. and once they achieved that, they need to get known - and yes, that probably means advertising. it also means doing something different enough to make the news and lots of book blogs and other places for press releases, etc. lots of people automatically go to amazon now, so they'd need to make their name come to the mind of potential users quickly - a massive sale could do that, but even better would be a serious branding campaign.

but not as long as the site is designed more as eye candy than a place serious readers can easily browse.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote