Thread: Mantano App
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I have the Mantano Free app. After exiting out of the app it still shows as a running app when checking in settings\more\applications. I have to reboot my Fire to get the app to stop running. Is there an easier way.

Carol

The App isn't running, it's hibernating in memory. You can hit the back arrow a couple of times to exit the App. Sometimes even after exiting the App will use up your Fire's memory.

Want to see what other Apps are using your Fire's memory. Download an App called Quick System Info Pro FREE from Amazon. Open the Processes Tab. You will see all the Apps which are using up your Fire's memory. The CPU % for most Apps should be 0 except for Android and Quick System Info Pro. If you are not familiar with a process leave it alone. However, let's say you see one that you know. I'll use Mantano as an example. The Fire shows it is eating up a lot of memory. If you touch it and select End Task the process will close which will clear up memory. Don't select Force Stop because this is like ending a program that has frozen. End Task is a graceful shutdown, Force Close is as the name implies. Whenever I see Force Close or Force Stop I know this is usually a last resort option. You can choose to end all familiar processes ending with Quick System Info Pro.

Another thing that starts to slow down your tablet over time is that many Apps you install like to impose their will and "open" at tablet startup, just like Windows. These can eat up a lot of memory as well. I recommend you download an App called Startup Cleaner 2.0. It is a free App and you can use it to control the Apps you want to launch at startup and those you do not. Download it here:

http://androiddev.orkitra.com/downlo...tartup2_v2.1.0

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-28-2011 at 09:03 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote