View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 08:20 AM   #16
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon View Post
What I did was change "<span text="blue"> to <span "style=black"> - because just changing "blue" to "black" did nothing.
I don't think that is exactly the code; it's invalid as it stands.
You could have <span style="color: blue"> or <span style="color: black">

Anyway, the default is black, so remove the opening "<span text="whatever">" and the matching "</span>" at the end and it should be just black.

What was happening, I think, was that they wanted to format the footnote link number blue (unnecessary to do it this way as that is the default, but it's probably automatically generated by some dumb program), and didn't notice that it made the following text blue as well; it might look OK on a colour screen. Careless coding.

I don't use Calibre editor much, but it might be difficult to remove all of those open/close spans at once, (deleting all </span> in the file would mess up other spans) but you can neuter them by replacing all the "blue" <span text="whatever"> by just <span>.

Last edited by AlanHK; 03-14-2019 at 01:00 AM.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote