View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #43
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I assume what we're talking about here is

Downloading an eBook for a pBook that you already own.

vs

Uploading copies of an eBook to anybody that wants one.

Is that what you're talking about, or were you referring to uploading copies only to other people that already own the pBook?
I think I was questioning the ethical (though not legal) difference between the act of uploading an ebook* to enable others who haven't paid for it to download it (regardless of whether the uploader has paid for it), and the act of downloading an ebook that someone has uploaded** (regardless of whether the uploader has paid for it). I'm not sure whether the uploader having paid for it or not changes the ethical character of the act very much, and I'm not sure there's much difference between (maybe not no difference, but not much), between the ethical value of the act of the uploader and the act of the downloader.

*Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that the book in question is in-print as a book and available as an ebook.
**Let's also assume for the sake of argument that the uploader has made it available to anyone who finds it.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote