View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 12:37 AM   #4
danbloom
Banned
danbloom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.danbloom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.danbloom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.danbloom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: The Bindle: no batteries, hand-cranked pages, mobile, underlineable
pvi

Jonathan Adams, who wrote that piece for the NY Times as a Taipei-based stringer, did a good job with that story.
It was a good follow to Michael Fiztgerald's piece last week in the Boston Globe Magazine, also about E-Ink in Boston .....and PVI.

As for PVI being "a little-known Taiwanese company", HarryT above is correct to say that PVI is a big player and well known inside the industry,..... yes,...... but for the Times story going out to average readers across the USA and Canada,....... it's true, I think.....most people have never heard of PVI and even fewer know it stands for Prime View International.

NOTE: I think the most important part of Jon's story the last part where he quotes the PVI PR guy who ....... "declined to comment on whether PVI might make its own dedicated e-reader someday."

My guess is PVI would not want to make an e-reader that would complete with e-readers of it own customers, so yeh, scratch that for now.

Last edited by danbloom; 11-12-2009 at 07:25 AM. Reason: changes
danbloom is offline   Reply With Quote