View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #3
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish99 View Post
Btw is there anyone out there who reads for 3+ hour sessions and doesn't get this problem?

Also is there any way to check if any of the epubs I sideloaded are dodgy? Calibre didn't report any issues with them, but I didn't use Calibre to load them onto the Glo.
I occasionally read 3-4 hours in a session, but I usually flick the Glo into sleep mode for 5 minutes every hour or so to make a cup of tea or listen to the news, not sure if that makes any difference. I didn't use firmware 2.3.1 for very long, so if it is something specific to that version I might have missed it.

I don't usually have any problem with page turning, but I have had some particuler books that were very slow in that regard, and caused the Glo to become slow to respond while the book was open. This included some bought from Kobo (both the kepub and the epub had the same problems). However the problems were apparent soon after starting the book, they didn't take hours to manifest. After an epub-->epub conversion with calibre everything worked fine.

Edit: I'll try doing a long session tonight without letting the Glo sleep at all, to see if that makes a diffeerence.

Last edited by GeoffR; 02-16-2013 at 05:39 PM.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote