View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 03:53 AM   #195
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine GreenTea View Post
I could not have said better! You hit the nail in the head!

Indeed, eInk = no eye strain,
LCD = eye strain

I was vainly trying to plain this to people who are enraptured by their tablets and see them as the best solution for reading digital material. They just wouldn't get it.

So, now I just ask them simply: "How many pages are you reading a month? Oh, 100 to 150! Then it's OK, I see why you're perfectly happy with a teblet! But just try reading 100-150 pages a day and then we talk..!"
I have to work all day behind a PC. I read on my tablet. Even in the dark. And yet I never have problems with eye strain. I only get problems with eye strain when I try to read on my e-ink device when I should have used my tablet.

Besides, what are pages to you? On my Mini, I read more pages than on my tablet, simply because my tablet holds more letters per "page"... (I do have pages on my Mini, as I reformat my books to PDF, made up for a 5" screen). And sometimes (when I'm more tired), I'll increase the font size, so I'll read more "pages" than other times, when I decrease the font size.

In short, each device has its uses. I personally won't use my e-ink device in winter and I won't use my tablet in summer.

Edit:

Oh yes, it's absolutely my fault that I like my devices so much I won't even consider replacing them! Besides, if you hold the PRS650 and that new plastic thing from Sony, you can understand why I wouldn't even dream about replacing that one...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote