View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #82
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure about all of the Tommyknockers hating going on. For what its worth, I thought it was a pretty decent read. An alternative take on alien invasion.

I wonder if maybe people are letting some of the made-for-TV mini-series or movies color their views of the original books.
Nope. I don't mix and match with Stephen King. I've either read one or I've seen the other, but not both.

I've seen Carrie (never read the book), The Shining (never finished the movie, but enjoyed the book), The Shawshank Redemption (loved the movie, never read the book), The Green Mile (loved the movie, never read the books), Pet Sematary (never read the book), and I think there is one more..but its not coming to me.

Edit: Of course, my first ever Stephen King movie/story Firestarter!! How could I forget that one. Never read the book. I also watched the TV show The DeadZone, but never read the book .

What I have read: The Shining, The Stand, The Eyes of the Dragon (which I really enjoyed), The Dark Half (my favorite of his), Needful Things (which I really enjoyed), Gerald's Game (didn't finish), Dolores Claireborne (didn't finish), and I think I also read Insomnia, but I'm really not sure. One that I've always wanted to read but never got around to was The Talisman.

Last edited by Nyssa; 01-07-2013 at 01:57 PM. Reason: I remembered
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote